субота, 5. октобар 2013.

PRESENT SIMPLE TENSE

FORMATION

Affirmative:

Infinitive + -s/-es (3rd person singular)

I always have coffee for breakfast.

You usually come to school by bus.

He seldom makes mistakes.

She helps me every day.

There are certain irregularities – note them!

Be – am / is / are

Have – has

Say /sei/ – says /sez/

Do – does /daz/ (pronunciation)

Interrogative:

Do/does + subject + infinitive

Do I always have coffee for breakfast?

Do you usually come to school by bus?

Does he seldom make mistakes?

Does she help me every day?

Negative:

Don’t/doesn’t + infinitive

I don’t always have coffee for breakfast.

You don’t usually come to school by bus.

He doesn’t make mistakes.

She doesn’t help me every day.

IMPORTANT MEANINGS

- a state or a fact which is always or generally true:

The sun rises in the east.

Electricity makes many things possible.

Are you from London? – Yes, I am.

- an action we repeat regularly, a habit or custom:

What do you do on weekdays? – Well, I get up at seven, have breakfast, walk to the station, and catch the train to work…

I usually have tea for breakfast, but my husband always has coffee.

I don’t smoke, but my father does.

- present event with regret, accept, beg

I regret that I made a mistake.

We accept your kind offer.

I beg you to be more careful

- in newspaper headlines

Italy wins World Cup.

Monkeys escape from London Zoo.

- in schedules or timetables for future events that fixed and out of our control

My train leaves at five o'clock tomorrow.

Simple Present - adverbs of frequency and time
always, often, usually, sometimes,
seldom, never,
every day / week / year
on Mondays, after school



















Want to play while learning? Try one of these easy games or watch this grammar video.



Нема коментара:

Постави коментар

Whatsapp Abbreviations

find out more: https://grammarvocab.com/short-forms-of-words-used-in-whatsapp/